It is very important for me as photographer and visual artist to have done this photographic project that can not be reproduced step by step, because despite being a mix between analog photography and digital art, born from the non-reproducibility of an E6 film developed in C41. This is its history, and the evolution of how i started it in 1998/1999 . I could make this artworks, because i had the opportunity to have a photolab with machine for development and print, in Rome Italy. First, usually, this is a process that you couldn’t do, because is as a results revolutionizing the rules of photography development, (indeed two artwok of this series is titled so, Revolutionizing Rules). Indeed it is not recommended to develop a film shooted in E6 type, in C41 process development , because it is not his natural process and for the risk of polluting the color baths. Secondly, it is worth the risk just before changing the color baths. the characteristic after development is to get a negative (even if the film remains that of ‘E6 and this is almost surreal get the negativity of a positive ), very contrasted with the highly saturated colors, yet visible from the print, which makes it difficult if not almost impossible to control the press balancing tones. Moreover in this case,after developed the E6 film in C41, i started to print obtaining a tonal balance as i wanted, in the press, curated personally by me with my Gretag with Zeiss optics that i had in the Lab.(i think it is possible to work it only in print machine for this kind of color balance). Certainly the results was difficult but amazing! as never before in analog I got a high color definition and surreal contrast. Subsequently after some years, reviewing negatives i thought that i would like create an Artwork, something different , because was been an unique and unusual experiment so, i scanned the images and then worked the artworks on the computer, without altering the image obtained by the press of analog, but built around the image a further narrative view. So in conclusion I can resume, these artworks are a shooting made in E6 developed and printed in C41 and worked later in Digital Art and printed in Giclèe fine art print. These artworks that I selected ,for this project (there are many others, never shown on the web)are a proof of the result of this experiment began in 1999(intentionally and not by mistake) with the analog and ended with the construction of the artworks in 2012, images of which still possess the negatives and I keep in my archive.
Two artwork of this series has been exposed in various art exhibition